Monday 23 July 2012

Monday Maths Madness 1

As part of my writer's club challenge for the summer, I am going to start writing a blog post every Monday about random Maths pictures or videos that I find that are funny or clever. Maths humour is always fun for me, so I will share :)


I'm not sure if its the cleverness of mirroring 3.14 (pi) to make pie, or the face that I like more in this picture.

This is probably only funny for someone who does maths, and knows that the dance moves are what the graphs of the functions beneath the pictures look like. My particular favourite is the last one :P

This one isn't so much funny, but it is quite clever. And I think it's sweet. Even if you can't be bothered to look through the working (I did, but that's just me) you get the idea with just the answer. I'm not gonna lie, I would quite like if someone declared their love for me through a maths equation (hint hint boyfriend :P)

That's it for this Monday. Hopefully as the weeks go by, and I've been to more writer's club meetings, I will be able to write about the pictures a little better. I'm aware that I don't have a very good way with words, but hey, that's what the writer's club is for!

1 comment:

  1. The ideas used in the KS2 trail are similar to that of KS1 but obviously extended. Children are encouraged to reflect on calculation methods rather than simply arriving at an answer. math

    ReplyDelete