Monday 20 August 2012

Monday Maths Madness 5


I should possibly find this offensive... but I just find it funny.






Two calculators of the same make, giving two different answers to the same question. Ah. Using BODMAS, you can work out the answer. First you work out what is in the Brackets. So 1+2=3. This leaves us with 6/2(3), or 6/2*3. Division and Multiplication is ranked equally, so you just read left to right to find which one to do first. In this case, it is the division, so 6/2=3. This leaves 3*3 which equals 9. So the right calculator has the right answer!





I told you maths was everywhere! Even a wet hair flick follows the Fibonacci Spiral. Trying to think of something to write to explain the Fibonacci Spiral has made me realise that I don't know exactly how to explain it. Luckily I have lots of books to help me with that. I know what one of my next blog posts is going to be about now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment