Tuesday 1 January 2013

2013 Resolutions

Happy New Year everyone!

2012 was an interesting year for me. I finished my A-Levels and started University. I passed my driving test. I turned 18. I got drunk for the first time, twice (both because of my boyfriend's mum's cocktails...) I celebrated 3 years with my boyfriend Apollo, who recently made his own blog here. I worked in a charity shop over the summer. My best friend's brother died (I didn't say it was all good). I joined a Magic Society, a Glee Club and an Unofficial Writer's Club. I started this blog.

The last two points bring me to my resolutions:

1. In an attempt to make me more comfortable and better at writing, Carole and Liberty challenged me to do a diary-like post in either words, pictures or both. Obviously just pictures won't help with my writing, but if I can't think of any words, then pictures is better than nothing. I tend to hit a writer's block and then don't post for weeks. Not good. So hopefully posting regularly once a week will help me to post about other things as well.

2. I have had Flash on my computer for absolutely ages. I have made a few animations with it, the one I'm most proud of being an advert I made for my Young Enterprise group a couple of years ago.



I won our group a trophy for that, and they let me keep the certificate which I still have hanging in my room :) Anyway, the point is, I really want to do a new animation. So, my next resolution is to make one. I have no idea what it's going to be about, how long it will be, if it will have talking or just music. I'm meant to be coming up with some ideas for tonight's UWC, so hopefully they will be able to point me in the right direction.

3. I want to write a new song. Most of the time, I come up with a really good idea, and write a chorus, or a couple of lyrics, and then I get stuck. I never managed to write a song for our band. Although we don't play together so much anymore, I'm hopeful that we will again, and I want one of my songs to make it into the set list. Everyone else in the band managed it. I want one too.

So that's it. For now. I may come up with some more things, but I'm actually meant to be revising right now. I have an exam next Wednesday :( I hope you enjoy the new year, and hopefully the things my blog will be bringing!

No comments:

Post a Comment