Wednesday 9 July 2014

25 Things I Like About Me

Recently, I have been thinking a lot about what I want to do in the future. Having just found out that I have to stay on the 3 year course, rather than the 4 year course at my Uni has really made me realise that I don't have all that long left before I have to go out into the big wide world of work. It also made me realise that I have absolutely no idea what I want to do, what I might be good at, nor how to go about finding out.

I know that I need to get more work experience, and while talking to my mum about it, it quickly became apparent that I have pretty much zero confidence in myself or when it comes to talking to people. I couldn't even ask my sister's boyfriend (who I have known for like, 10 years) if he knows if the police would take on someone for work experience because I didn't know exactly what I had to ask, nor how to go about starting that conversation. Every time there was a lull, mum would say "you could ask him now! I'm worried that you can't ask him" and stuff like that. But I just physically couldn't, and I don't know why.

Liberty is going through a similar thing as she is part way through changing jobs (fingers crossed she gets the one she wants!), so she is very keen on helping me out. My family got together and have started compiling a list of challenges for me to complete over the summer to help build my confidence so that I might be less pathetic when it comes to just talking to people, and hopefully along the way maybe get some ideas about what I want to do.

Yesterday, I completed one of the items on the list, which was, as the title of this post suggests, to write a list of 25 things I like about myself. I would like to share that here.

1) My eyes
2) My hair
3) I love my family
4) They love me
5) I love to sing
6) I started running
7) I have nearly overcome my weird eating problem
8) I'm smart
9) My smile
10) I play piano
11) I play drums
12) I play guitar
13) My sense of humour
14) I'm good at logic puzzles
15) I got a 2:1 in my first year of Uni
16) I got 74% for my second year essay
17) I ran all the way round 10k in 1 hour 10 minutes and 4 seconds
18) I have 31:01 PB on the Telford parkrun
19) I won performance of the year in my first year of Glee for singing I Knew You Were Trouble by Taylor Swift on elections night
20) I'm interested in magic - especially card tricks
21) I own at monopoly
22) I'm good at maths
23) I got a C in Art GCSE, even though I suck at Art
24) I try writing songs that aren't just cheesy lyrics
25) After 5 years, I still find more ways to be in love with my boyfriend

So there you have it, 25 things I like about me. Sorry about the mega cheese factor in the last one, he was complaining I hadn't written anything about him yet, so I thought I'd make it a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment